Subject: Re: New src/bin files for UVM?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@fb.sa.enteract.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/1998 12:29:09
> and packages it works just fine at the default of 10M (for my 36M), and
> there is, indeed, a noticable speed-up.

That's good news. I'll have to try that next time I compile a kernel!

> distributed binaries. They tend to dump core, and give seg faults. X does
> screen scrolls faster than dt, but it didn't compile with any
> optimizations!  X's generated makefiles don't seem to respect CFLAGS.
> I'm not sure if there is a simple way to govern the entire build.

To make global changes I think you can change the .cf file for netbsd. The
.cf files are used by imake when generating makefiles (I *hate* imake!).
I think it's somewhere in the X source tree under something along the lines
of lib/config.