Subject: Re: ADBDIRECT bug
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/1998 00:19:36
On Tue, 5 May 1998, Colin Wood wrote:

> Hauke Fath wrote:
> > [...]
> > mrg: kernel has no ROM vectors for this machine!
>
> well, there's the problem.  that line is obviously quite wrong!

well, not knowing for sure whether a serial console was used to capture
this, i'm not sure.  i'll assume that this message is bogus, though.

> perhaps
> the uvm stuff has somehow screwed up the mapping of the lowmem globals or
> the mac rom space.

definitely not the lowmem globals.  those are part of the kernel text, no
question.  as far as the ROM space, that shouldn't be a problem, either,
unless the ROM is bigger than 2MB.  (it'd be nice to get confirmation of
this, by the way.)  my experience with fixing a problem in pmap_init()
suggests that UVM is less forgiving of pmap-related mistakes.

> Hmmm...I don't think that the obio and nubus changes would affect this at
> all, but I could be wrong.

the only changes here were related to the location of various files.  no
code changes were made.

--scott