Subject: Re: Quadra 610 fails to boot
To: Chris Jones <cjones@honors.montana.edu>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/1998 09:59:14
> > > Booter is version 1.11.1.
> >
> > 	Could I get you to try again using Booter 1.11.2 ?
> > It has better error checking in some of the MacOs calls.
>
> A little different.  Now the icons on the desktop go away before it hangs,
> but the windows and menubar are still there.

	Hmmm. If it gets this far, then it is unlikely to be
any problem with the MacOs being a minimal install.

	I suspect that it is something wrong with the kernel.
Maybe try booting with some older kernels (say, 1.2, 1.2.1, 1.3)
from MacOS files (so that you don't have to install each one)
and see if behaves differently.

	And maybe check that your kernel file is intact.
(i.e. a valid .gz file, FTPed in binary mode, et cetera)

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au | "reality is that which     |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  |  doesn't go away when you  |