Subject: Re: Quadra 610 fails to boot
To: Chris Jones <cjones@honors.montana.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/05/1998 13:04:16
Chris Jones wrote:
> I've got a Q610 with 12 Meg of RAM and a disk on SCSI id 1.  It doesn't
> boot.  This is under 1.3.1.  I get the following:
>
> Debugging at level 0
> Booting...transparent = 1
> MID_M68K executable: entry 0x2e00
> 1058216+65848+104924+166536+156508
> Attempting to kill all running programs
> Changing Monitor settings...
>   Bye-bye...
> 	So I sez to him...  The real way
> 	that it should be done is to...
>
> and then nothing.  The pointer becomes the cute little watch icon, and it
> doesn't move when I move the mouse.  This is after booting with the shift
> key down, with virtual memory off in the control panel, Monitors set to 1
> bit depth. MacOS 7.6.

Try zapping PRAM?  I'm kinda grasping at straws here, but you never know,
it might work.  You might also consider installing 7.1 on another
partition and boot off of that.  I don't know of any problems with 7.6,
tho.  Oh, has this machine ever booted in the past?

I hope this helps.

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation