Subject: Re: dt
To: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/04/1998 18:43:16
> 	What about programs like the Linux SVGA lib programs?

SVGA lib programs use graphics directly. Kind of the way X grabs the console.
That's more of a graphics driver issue than a console issue.

Everybody wants SVGA lib for compile compatibility but I've heard it is too
x86-centric to be considered a general solution for everybody.

> > > I don't think there is a lot of documentation on it past the code itself,
> > > which should be in -current's sys/dev/wscons, I believe.
>
> 	What is the time frame between now and wscons integration? Months?
> Years? Days? ;-)

I'm hoping months. We're hammering out the details now. It's actually part
of a process to revamp the entire video subsystem so that it actually works.
I'm glad that my driver code and design will be a part of it!