Subject: Re: dt
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Tim Bessie <tbessie@eci.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/04/1998 13:55:58
At 01:17 PM 5/4/98 -0700, Colin Wood wrote:
>Tim Bessie wrote:
>> >
>> >I'd imagine it would be tough to distinguish between the different gray
>> >levels when you're just doing terminal text.
>>
>> When you've only GOT 16 grays (I don't have a color monitor
>> to use), you'd be suprised at the difference being able to
>> utilize them can give.
>
>But on a terminal window, how would you utilize them?  I mean, you have
>foreground and background, what else do you really need?

I don't know -- I must have been temporarily insane. ;-)
Actually, I think I was assuming that a few oft-used utilities
could be modified to make use of it, somehow.  The most important
thing would be to get X to use them; however, I'm not as tough
as you folks -- doing things like Takashi did (i.e. reverse-engineering
PowerManager code from MacsBug so that Powerbook video would work)
seem pretty crazy to me; I'm grateful they were done (so I can use
my machine without a terminal), but writing drivers without a
full hardware manual would drive me batty.

- Tim

Tim Bessie
tbessie@eci.net
bessie@apeshit.com