Subject: Re: dt
To: Tim Bessie <tbessie@eci.net>
From: Kevin Ogden <kkb@ddw.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/04/1998 16:58:43
Tim Bessie wrote:

> At 11:31 PM 5/3/98 -0400, Michael R Zucca wrote:
> >>      Just curious.... but has anyone thought about rewriting dt for
> >> 8/16/24 bit color?
> >
> >Actually, I think 4 bit mode (WOW! I've found a use for it!) would be even
> >better because you only need 16 colors for a color terminal. Tbough, 8 bit mode
> >support would be good for compatibility since some cards don't do 4 bit mode.
>
> Yes! Yes! Please!  Us powerbook owners (16-grays) would be
> moved to send a fleet of harem girls and unlimited beer to your
> door should you do something like that.

How hard do you all think it would be to do something like that?  How
far along is color/grayscale internal video (for X)?  Theorettically it
shouldn't be too hard to do with NUBUS video, you might be able to look
at code for the color X-Server and get enough useful info to do it.

For the girls and unlimited beer it might be worth my effort to attempt
to do it myself hehe....

		--Kevin