Subject: Re: ADBDIRECT bug
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/04/1998 13:09:39
Hauke Fath wrote:
> At 1:38 Uhr +0200 04.05.1998, Colin Wood wrote:
> >Hauke Fath wrote:
> >> A kernel from 980502 sources configured with the adbdirect driver sees the
> >> mouse  but not the keyboard (tried with two different kbds).
> >>
> >> adb0 at obio0 (ADB event device)
> >> adb: using II series hardware support
> >> adb: ADBReInit complete
> >> adb: 100 dpi mouse at 3
> >
> >How recently does the breakage occur?  Does an April -current kernel show
> >the same behavior?  Nothing should have changed in the ADB driver
> >lately....
>
> Looking through my out box, I see I have reported a lock-up for the
> ADBDIRECT driver on 19 Mar. That was 1.3E, too. I sticked with the 1.3B
> kernel then.
>
> The Q700 is a bit special in that it has 68MB RAM, but that doesn't affect
> the 1.3B kernel.

Hmmmm....can you turn on ADB_DEBUG and see how far it's getting with the
extra debug messages enabled?

I guess I'll have to upgrade to -current sometime soon.  My Q700 is
similarly configured to yours, I'll have to see what's up with it.

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation