Subject: Re: Q900 tests
To: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/03/1998 23:26:55
> 	So, other than the ADB and SCSI, it looks like the Q900 will at
> least come CLOSE to booting. That and the PDS slot.
[snip]
> 	Hopefully this helps somewhat. Has any work at all been done on
> the Q900/950/IIfx lately? I guess some at least... I could have sworn that
> one time I tried booting and it would just reboot the machine rather than
> going into the NetBSD console... If yes, any guesses on how close we are
> to at least a serial console bootable Q900? I'd love to have another
> NetBSD machine! ;-)

If you got that far, I'd suggest trying a serial console just to see if it
works. Though I think serial is on an IOP.

Scott recently mentioned something about recent fixes to the VIA code helping
machines like the IIfx and Q900 boot. We could probably fix the esp code
with a little work. However, the sticky point is that ADB is on an IOP.
The IOPs are basically 6502's and they need to be programmed to work the
way we want them to. That could take a little doing.

So I suppose we're inching closer but we've still got a long way to go.