Subject: Re: (a little off topic) sup
To: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/03/1998 16:36:43
SamMaEl wrote:

> 	I've been trying to find out how to upgrade my kernel sources via
> sup, but whenever I use sup it seems to want to upgrade EVERY source
> file... including the ones for the userland binaries. Is there an easy way
> to get it to just upgrade the kernel sources (and not the kernel sources
> for the other ports besides mac68k)? Maybe a sample supfile would be
> good...

Instead of supping "all", sup ksrc-common and ksrc-mac68k.  I think that's
what you want.

> 	Also, a sup -v showed me this... I thought it kind of odd.
>
> SUP Requesting changes since Dec 31 16:00:00 1969
>
> 	Is there a flag or option I missed? Kind of defeats the purpose if
> it has to download EVERY file (and I'm sure that every file has changed
> since Dec 31, 1969 ;-))

This is just what it does the first time.  After it has completed the
first run, it will only pull down the most recent files.

I hope this helps.

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation