Subject: Off the wall printer question?
To: Port-Mac68K Digest <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Wolfgram <wolfgram@tznet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/02/1998 12:11:51
I have a Personal LaserWriter NT.  The printer supports RS232 as well
as LocalTalk.  I am wondering if anyone has attempted to setup a second
comm line to one of these so a MacOS network communicates via LocalTalk
and a NetBSD box can also access the printer as a Diablo or whatever
device via the separate serial line.  I'm running NetBSD on a IIx but
want to keep the printer on my Dayna MiniPrint 10bT box so the four
other Mac's that clutter my house can continue to use it.

bandwidth... I'm still ramping up having been "off" unix for over five
years.

-- Marc
Marc W. Wolfgram                        http://www.tznet.com/wolfgram
ALS Cross-platform Components Build Master and Apple Macintosh zealot
           -- Never pretend you know what you are doing --