Subject: Re: ethernet trouble (fwd)
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/01/1998 15:16:24
> On Fri, 1 May 1998 14:42:29 -0400 (EDT),
> > ethernet on the comm slot once the video interrupts were cleared properly.
>
> Can you tell me how?  I'm having the same kind of trouble (I think)
> with an Apple Ethernet CS TP card in an LC575.  I tried to fix it with
> help from Allen, but I decided to give FPE my priority.  But it sure
> would be much nicer if Ethernet were working on the LC575!  (I
> wouldn't have to use Fetch and Installer to install a newly compiled
> kernel off of my Q840av)

Well, the LC575 uses the MEMCjr video controller so it falls into the
category of Quadra style video. The code to shut off Quadra video interrupts
is already in the kernel.

Looking at machdep.c and grf_iv.c I've noticed that the LC575 is classified
as a MACH_CLASSQ2 while the Quadra video interrupt clearing code is inside a
case statement testing for MACH_CLASSQ. Just a testing problem.

Oh, BTW, with the video enable properly you should also be able to take
advantage of Turbo SCSI.

For now you can patch the code in grf_iv.c to check for your machine
specifically but fixing the code for general consumption looks like it
will be trickier. When I get a little time I should be able to fix this
easily.