Subject: Newbie Questions
From: john peter grimes <jpgrimes@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/26/1998 18:14:50
Hi,
	Anyway I am putting together a system to run unix and X on.  So I
have a couple of quick questions
	As to 3-button mice is the Apple extended mouse protocol still the
only one supported?  The online stuff I have found was a bit dated.  Most
specically anyone know anything about mice by a company Info Products
(will they work)
	Next what is the status of color X?  Is it correct that I will not
be able to run color on my internal video (which could be a problem).  I
have a Centris 650 - with three monitors, an SVGA 16" off the internal,
and two old 13" off old Apple NuBus video cards (one is 24 bit which is
also worrisome).  Is this an impossibility.  Anyway sorry to bother you
but I'm slowly trying to get this together.  I don't have everything
together yet so I haven't actually installed anything but its going to be
fun I think :)
					Thanks for your help,
					John Grimes

* No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats,           *
* approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less                    *
*					-Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom *
* The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.       *
*					-Salvador Dali                    *
           John Grimes - Physics Grad Student at U of Chicago
Home 	me@johngrimes.com 	5400 S. Ingleside Ave Apt #3 (773)363-4869
Physics	jp-grimes@uchicago.edu
		     http://www.pha.jhu.edu/~grimes