Subject: Mkfs partition size differs from formatter's -- why?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Bessie <tbessie@eci.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/25/1998 11:31:06
Perhaps this question has been answered before, but I hadn't
noticed it until now.  I've formatted my internal HD, created
partitions for MacBSD, ran mkfs1.45 to convert the partitions
to the correct type, and then asked mkfs to format the partitions.
For some reason, it always seems to think they are 3MB-10MB
larger than they actually are (as they were partitioned by
my formatter - HDT2.5.2).  Anybody know why this is?  Does
this mean that use of these partitions will result in errors
when blocks near the end of the partion are accessed?
What's up?

- Tim Bessie
tbessie@eci.net