Subject: NIC Memory corrupt?
From: Ron Thompson <Wax66@ix.netcom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/20/1998 13:45:03
I'm having problems setting up my network on my SE/30.  I looked at the
list of ethernet cards that are supported, and I'm checking what card I
have right now, but if it's not that, I was wondering if someone could
tell me why I keep getting that message in my booting (NIC Memory
corrupt - invalid packet length 65280)
I'm using 1.3.1, and configured my hostname and domainname and gateway
through rc.conf, but it gives a message like this during booting:

Starting network
hostname: 163.150.43.211
domain name: 163.150.1.1
configuring network interfaces:.
writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable
add net default: gateway 163.150.43.222 (I have no idea where it got
this number... hehe)

Thanks for any help!
  -Ron