Subject: Re: 2 monitor setup
To: None <John.Matney@oberlin.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/20/1998 15:15:31
On Mon, 20 Apr 1998 01:09:58 -0400 (EDT),
John Matney <John.Matney@oberlin.edu> wrote:

> I'm a little confused by this? Does this mean that there is support for
> internal color now? I was under the impression that there wasn't, but it
> was coming. Can someone set me straight on the status of internal color
> video (i have a IIvx) or point me to a place where I could learn about the
> development?

It's not really "internal color support" but you can run X in color on
the internal video by:

1) read:
	ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/X/README.Xmac68k_OSFA
and install:
	ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/X/Xmac68k_OSFA.tar.gz
(Note that this is installable with the Installer utility),

2) boot NetBSD in 16-bit color mode, and

3) startx.

Color is supported by this server only in 16-bit mode.  In 4 and 8-bit
mode, you should boot NetBSD in gray mode instead of color.  X will
run in gray scale mode.  You can boot NetBSD in 4 or 8-bit color mode,
but X will not display colors properly.  This restriction will be
lifted when Michael Zucca's intvid is completed (OSFA server will have
to be obsoleted then).

Ken