Subject: vipw: file is busy
To: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: T Dale <dbag@tenet.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/1998 23:34:30
Just got NetBSD up and running on my Performa 575.  Tried to edit the
password file with 'vipw' before I had any good references.  I'm not
sure what happened, but now when I 'vipw' I get a msg that the file is
busy.  I have reinstalled the etc tar file and still continue to get
this msg.  Any suggestions.

I have read most of the FAQs, and have been reading all the msgs for a
few days. I've seen a lot of ref to problems with the 680LC040, but I
haven't seen any problems.  I do seem to get a lot of msg about dumps.

I've been diligent.  I tried the FAQs (which did get me past the 1st GIG
on a BIG harddrive problem,) I checked the old port-mac68k mailing list
archives before listing my question here, and I have several books
(reading as-fast-as I can.)
--
Attitude is EVERYTHING!

icq#10978862 nic:bag