Subject: Re: 2 monitor setup
To: Armen Babikyan <armenb@lethargy.mit.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/1998 19:44:08
Armen Babikyan wrote:
> I have two monitors on my IIvx. one is running on internal video and the
> other is running on nubus video. I can't find a way to make color 8-bit
> (or 16-bit) work in any combination with the two monitors. the current
> setup (which works) is the color nubus lkm and black and white internal
> video , but adding the OFSA xserver (and booting up intvid to 16-bit
> color) does not work. as far as i remember ( i did this a week ago or so),
> the intvid was now color, but the nubus video did not work (little monitor
> at the top of the screen).

I've played with this some myself.  Basically, it doesn't work :-(  I just
don't think that enough consideration for multiple monitor setups has gone
into the X server at this time.  You can always take a look at it and hack
on it yourself, tho :-)

Once color internal video support is working, tho, I'm sure that more
attention will be paid to this issue.

Later.