Subject: error messages to screen under X
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/1998 16:21:14
Still plugging away with the network setup stuff...   I was connecting via
telnet to the NetBSD machine (so I didn't have to keep running across the
room :)  and on the occasions where I get a login failure the error
messages are clobbering the screen on my X display at the NetBSD machine.

I routinely start X with "startx &>/dev/null" which gets rid of most of the
glitches, but apparently somebody isn't playing fair with their diagnostic
output...  inetd perhaps?  Changing /etc/syslog.conf to redirect output and
trying the "-C" option on my xterm also failed to stem the flow.  Anyway, I
thought this had already been addressed in the 1.3 distribution, but maybe
not...

The NetBSD machine:

Mac IIci
20MB RAM
Toby video
Asante MacCon Ethernet card
1GB hard drive partitioned 80MB HFS, 40MB swap, 100MB root, 750MB usr
NetBSD 1.3 w/SLOTMAN-MRG-SBC kernel#220

--
| Greg Dunn                       |  I don't like to smile unless    |
| gregdunn@indy.net               |  I have a reason.                |