Subject: VM-config
To: NetBSD-List <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: henning loeser <loeser@ma1304.physik.uni-marburg.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/1998 21:05:36
Hi
I know I should have payed a little more attention as I remember this
topic mentioned before but here is what the problem is:
when trying to build the kdebase from pkgsrc I get the error :
> In file included from root.h:8,
>                  from kfmgui.cpp:28:
> /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h:3137: virtual memory exhausted
> *** Error code 1
albeit systat swap shows only 68595 512k-blocks in use, less then 30% of
the total swap space of 80 + 64 MB.
So I increased the MAXDSIZ to (256*1024*1024) in vmparam.h and cranked
out a new Kernel but that didn't help. Am I understanding the
errormessage wrong, or is the system really only using part of its
virtual memory (well of the swap-space available) or do I have to change
something else for it to work.
The whole kernel is of the current sources (suped last night), running on
a Q700 with 20MB-Ram
Thanks for the help
Henning

Henning Loeser            AG-Oberfl"achenphysik, Philipps-Uni-MR
Email:henning.loeser@physik.uni-marburg.de