Subject: Re: Perf. 630 (no FPU) users??
To: None <justin@hot1.net>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@echna.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/1998 12:17:45
On Wed, 15 Apr 1998 18:52:23 -0500,
"Justin B. Dews" <justin@hot1.net> wrote:
> Hey, I have been waiting for NetBSD to eventually support my Performa 630
> with the LC040 processor in it, and now I understand that it's "partially"
> supported.  I was just wondering if anyone out there had gotten a p630 up
> and running using something like SoftwareFPU or similar.  If any of you out
> there are running NetBSD on a p630 please contact me so that I can get some
> help running this.

Some people have been running NetBSD on their Q/P/LC630 boxes for some
time now, but the FPU emulation (called fpe) isn't perfect yet.  You
may get seg faults, address errors, etc., from time to time.  I want
to fix the bug for good, but I currently don't have an LC040 Mac to
work on it.

If anyone in Japan (or anywhere else if you could ship it to Japan) is
willing to loan me an LC040 Mac for a while, please let me know
privately (you can write to me in Japanese).

I won't need a large disk or much memory with it, but will need a
minimal MacOS installation just enough to boot NetBSD and preferably
an Ethernet port (please bundle a 10BaseT tranceiver if it's not
10BaseT; I have only an ISDN dial-up router with a builtin 3-port
10BaseT hub).  However, serial PPP should do the job if there's no
Ethernet.

Thanks,

Ken