Subject: DaynaPort II/EtherPort II
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dan Thorson <danthor@toledotel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1998 20:16:28
Hello.  I just reinstalled NetBSD 1.3 on a Mac IIx (8MB ram, 2-40MB hds,
1 DaynaPort II,
1 Mac II High-Resolution Video Card).  Only base.tgz and etc.tgz would
fit.  GENERIC-
kernal.gz is on the MacOS SCSI 1 volume and the SCSI 2 volume holds
NetBSD.  The Dayna-
Port II card works great under MacOS between this machine and my other
MacOS machine, but
NetBSD detects the card like down below here...

ae0 at nubus0 slot a: EtherPort IIN, 16KB memory
ae0: Ethernet address 00:80:19:07:24:71

NetBSD then proceeds to boot normally until the line 'configuring network
interfaces: ae0',
where it hangs.
I followed the Installation FAQ, IP-NAT FAQ, Networking How-To, and
everything else.
Is this card being detected correctly?
Thanks in advance,
Dan Thorson