Subject: Re: name completion
To: John Matney <John.Matney@oberlin.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1998 18:48:59
John Matney wrote:

> 	Its funny that you should mention mam pages, because mine don't
> work. No matter what I type man <topic> no matter the topic and I just
> can't get anything. It always says man: no entry for <topic> in the
> manual. I installed almost every NetBSD package including man, so I must
> be doing something wrong, but the faqs (which are excellent btw) do seem
> to say anything. I very much want to read these suckers.  The man files
> themselves are there in the man directory because I can read them with
> pico (although they are garbled). Anyone have any ideas? thanks.

Are you sure that you installed the man.tgz set correctly?  Do an:

ls /usr/share/man/cat?

and make sure that the resulting list shows real manpages (those are the
readable versions if you pipe them through more or less).

Do you have an /etc/man.conf that looks normal?  That's about the only
other thing I can think of that would be wrong...

Later.