Subject: Re: 2 page display
To: Kerios-1 Chris <Chris.Kerios-1@pp.ksc.nasa.gov>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1998 14:27:57
Kerios-1 Chris wrote:
> All:
>
> I am running version 1.3.1 which I got from the NetBSD.org site this is also
> where I got the X distribution as well.  My reference to X falling apart is
> that when I start X, the screen blinks and the twm starts but when
> everything is done initializing there is a strip going down the left side of
> my screen which is the twm backdrop which runs from top to bottom and about
> two inches out into the screen heading right.  From there it is all white
> for the remainder of the screen which I can't type on.
> There is enough of the twm screen that when I put my mouse on it and click
> and hold I get the drop down menu and can exit cleanly.  Keeping in mind
> that about two thirds of my screen is white and I can't type on the rest.
> By the way the arrow does traverse the whole screen.  I hope this gives you
> some more insight.  Your help in this is appreciated.

Hmmm....it sounds to me like the kernel is mapping the display into the
wrong part of video memory, although I'm not quite sure that's it....you
might try a quick run with a -current kernel to see if the "madhatter"
patch fixes it.  I'm sure that several other people will know a lot more
about this than I, tho.

I hope this helps.

Later.