Subject: Re: Installer proposal...
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@law.roc.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1998 08:36:04
Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, David A. Gatwood wrote:
>
> <snip>

> If it's on the NetBSD, take a look at the sysinst utility. There's no
> mac68k port yet, but it's working for i386, pmax, and more.
>
> It's the chosen NetBSD-side util. Trying to do something different will
> probably get a lot of friction. However, making sysinst work more towards
> what you want (with all ports benifiting, if possible) would be
> appreciated. :-)
>
> It's already got ftp, nfs, and local drive support.
>
> Take care,
>
> Bill

I've got one (for now) suggestion about sysinst. I used it for the first time
recently, and got hung up at the point where it asks what media type the
ethernet connection is. The default is 10base2/BNC. I'm using 10baseT.  I
couldn't guess what to tell it. 10baseT doesn't work, it appends /BNC to it and
get rid of the /BNC.

The right answer, I'm told, is 10baseT/UTP, but I would not have gotten there
on my own.

10base2 : BNC  /=  10baseT : UTP   The correct answer would be more like
10baseT/RJ45

A little help at that point would have been nice.

Brad

--
Brad Salai                      bsalai@tmonline.com
Cumpston & Shaw