Subject: Re: Give up LC and trying ClassicII
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Marc Coevoet <mcoevoet@fedex.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1998 09:55:23
Colin Wood wrote:
> Classic II ADB support now works in -current, I think (if not, John has
> some patches for HWDIRECT support that should get it working).  However, I
> believe that the Classic II still has internal video support problems, so
> I'd be surprised if any recent kernel booted past the screen change.

I have no problems with HW#360 kernel from jpw on a Colour Classic.
However, the problem with newer kernels persist (at adb-level, no
internal video problems.)  I am about to download the sources and
build my own kernel, since I know that the classic still is classified
as a IIsi machine, while it needs cuda-chip drivers in the adb sources.
There is somewhere a large case where 'gestalt' 49 should be moved
to the cuda 'switch'.  (and maybe the LCII, classic II is in the same
position, other similar machines are the performa 400-430).

Marc
mcoevoet@fedex.com