Subject: Re: Installer proposal...
To: None <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@echna.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1998 15:56:39
On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 19:39:41 -0700 (PDT),
Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Would this be a NetBSD-side or MacOS-side installer?

The same question I had first :-)

> If it's on the NetBSD, take a look at the sysinst utility. There's no
> mac68k port yet, but it's working for i386, pmax, and more.

I second this move.  It seems more appropriate for the NetBSD
``spirit'' to have a single, uniform installation procedure if
possible.

> It's already got ftp, nfs, and local drive support.

Then, I think it's possible to retrieve files from HFS partition by
substituting hfs or hfsutils for ftp (in order to do installation from
HFS as an extension of local drive installation, we'd have to have
kernel hfs support, but doing it as an extension of ftp installation
would only require replacement of appropriate client program).

Ken