Subject: need help setting up user account--no faq exists!
From: Eric B. Krauss <ebkrauss@ls.wustl.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1998 22:30:43
I have tried to no avail to set up my user account.

I can't find anything in the NetBSD faq's on setting up a user account.  My
Sobell Unix book isn't helpful at all--I follow the instructions, use vipw,
and keep getting a line corrupted error, and vi won't let me save the file.

I need step-by-step instructions, from logging on as root, on how to create
an accoun t.  This would include anything preliminary, such as mounting the
file system read-write, etc.

Can someone point me to a page (a page that is actually UP, not the *dead*
links mentioned in the faq) that has these instructions?  Or, could someone
just write these instructions down and email them to me, or better yet, post
them somewhere?

This is turning into a major hassle . . .  way worse than DOS . . . I am
thinking about ending my NetBSD "experiment" because it has been so
exasperating .  .  . someone convince me I am wrong . . .

Eric B. Krauss
Attorney at Law
ebkrauss@ls.wustl.edu
Send and you shall receive!