Subject: Re: Re[2]: Printing problem.
To: Mario Magliocco <Mario_Magliocco@broder.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1998 10:57:47
On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Mario Magliocco wrote:

>      Yup I have lpd up and running.  I accidentally erased my old printcap
>      (the one that comes with the distribution).  I think the problem might
>      be in the new printcap that I am using.  Do you have to specify a
>      /dev/lp in the printcap?  Is a /dev/lp necessary when you are printing
>      to a network printer?  It would probably be a big help if I could read
>      over a copy of the old printcap.   Is there a place where I could find
>      the default printcap?

Does lpc indicate that the daemon is running? You might try "down"ing and
then "up"ing the queue.

You should be able to get the default printcap in the etc.tgz file of the
distribution you're using. Note: don't untar it in /etc! You can say
something like (cd /tmp; tar xzf etc.tgz ./etc/printcap) to get just it.

Take care,

Bill