Subject: Re: mac IIcx the sequel
To: Seth Reinosa <seth@eznet.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/10/1998 11:23:14
Seth Reinosa wrote:
> the pronblem in 1.3 is the adb jam and 1.3.1 I only see the .gz file not
> the .tar file (kernel) the installer only accepts .tar files

Although you can gunzip the kernel or have the Booter boot from MacOS (it
should handle gzipped kernel files, although I've had problems in the
past), the simplest thing to do is get the kernel distribution set:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3.1/mac68k/binary/sets/kern.tgz

(or kern_sbc.tgz).

I hope this helps.

Later.