Subject: Remote compiles (Re: Netscape)
To: Richard E. Hawkins Esq. <hawk@eyry.econ.iastate.edu>
From: David Leonard <leonard@csee.uq.edu.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/08/1998 09:42:27
On this topic of remote compiling... Does anyone know of, or want to provide,
a service that will do remote compiling?

The problem is this: many netbsd/mac68k users don't have (a) grunt, nor
(b) disk space.

A solution might be: provide some kind of cc wrapper that uses http to talk to
a remote compute server, sends it some context, and gets it to (slowly)
compile some requested source code, returning the linked executable.
Easy to say...

You get the general idea. I hope it already exists.

--
David Leonard                           David.Leonard@csee.uq.edu.au
Dept. of Comp. Sci. and Elec. Eng       Room:69-605  Ph:+61 7 3365 2447