Subject: Re: gcc codegen bug? (affects libX11.a)
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Dan McMahill <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/04/1998 23:47:20
In message <Pine.NEB.3.96.980404193346.5091A-100000@dahan.metonymy.com>, Dave Huang writes:
>It looks like there's a codegen bug that affects the static version of
>libX11 (and probably other things too?) In particular, the
>XPolygonRegion that's in the libX11.a in NetBSD/m68k xcomp.tgz crashes.
>I'm seeing the bug in a stock gcc 2.7.2.2 configured as a cross-compiler
>w/netbsd-i386 host and netbsd-m68k target. Since the xcomp from the
>NetBSD 1.3 release has a bad libX11.a too, I assume it's in the gcc in
>the NetBSD tree too. I haven't tried gcc 2.8.1 or egcs.

yeah, its XPolygonRegion that had seemed broken to me recently, but
I had no idea why or how to show it.

>there's a NetBSD/m68k mozilla binary at
>http://www.bga.com/~khym/netbsd/mozilla-netbsd-m68k.gz

Does it work on your machine?  On mine (1.3, IIci, 32M RAM, 64M swap)
I get (after downloading and gunzipping):
dan@dinah-moe (113)-% ./mozilla-netbsd-m68k
Bad system call
dan@dinah-moe (114)-% ./mozilla-netbsd-m68k -version
Bad system call
dan@dinah-moe (115)-% ./mozilla-netbsd-m68k -help
Bad system call
dan@dinah-moe (116)-% ./mozilla-netbsd-m68k --help
Bad system call

Could it be a 1.3 vs 1.3.1 vs -current problem?

Thanks,

Dan