Subject: X stability (was Re: Netscape
To: Steven Hascall <shascal@siue.edu>
From: Dan McMahill <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/02/1998 10:00:33
In message <Pine.GSO.3.95.980402073827.3851B-100000@cougar>, Steven Hascall writes:
>I tried building Mosaic (something I've done many times before under 1.2)
>last week under NetBSD 1.3 with both lesstif .82 and .77 - the binary
>bombs when run and complains about a X error (so I doubt lesstif is a
>culprit.) Anybody know why this would happen (know bug here I missed?) I
>have a Quadra with 136 megs of ram and a 4 gig drive, so I could handle
>netscape's bulk with ease, but I have this unresolved mosaic issue that
>makes me wonder about my other libs and overall system integrity.
>
>-Steve
>
>Oh yeah, I'm using the OSFA X server, but then I can't think why that
>would be a problem either. The old Mosaic binaries I have laying around
>run fine.

fwiw, I have compiled xpdf-0.7a on netbsd-1.3 pmax and mac68k.  The mac68k
version has SIGSEGV problems on a particular Xlib call.  The author of
the program looked a little and thought the parameters to the Xlib call
were ok, so there may be a bug somewhere.  Don't have details in front of
me.

Dan
.