Subject: Re: Netscape
To: Chris <smirks@mail.eclipse.net>
From: Dan McMahill <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/31/1998 22:03:20
In message <Pine.BSI.3.91.980331212732.27622A-100000@mail.eclipse.net>, Chris writes:
>Well...now that it's available...does anyone have motif so they can try
>to build it?  Are does anyone wanna try lesstif?  I would do it myself,
>but I don't have enough time...nor motif..

It'll take more of a machine than I have.  I have a licensed motif source, but
no time or diskspace.  plus, netscape wants a ton of space.  52 MB for the source
plus who knows how much extra to build.  ....

Maybe if I can get a new drive this summer....

Dan

---------------------------------------
Unix Build Instructions

This document explains how to build Mozilla for the Unix platform.

Requirements:

  Memory:
    32MB of RAM, 128MB of swap, recommended 64MB of RAM.

  Tools:
    GNU C/C++ compiler 2.7.2 or better
    GNU make 3.74 or better
    Motif 1.2 (Lestif has been used with limited success)

  Tools that will be helpful later:
    Perl 5.0
    CVS 1.8.1
    RCS