Subject: Errors with Lynx
To: netbsd <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bobby Cox <iteration@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/1998 16:43:28
Ok, I downloaded ncurses 4.2 and successfully compiled and installed it.
Now, my problem is Lynx.

Lynx 2.7(?) from NetBSD's WWW project file in mac68k asks for, as I said
before:

/usr/libexec/ld.so:  lynx:  libncurses.so.3.4:  No such file/directory.

Even when installing ncurses, the problem did not go away.  From my point
of view, it seems as ncurses 4.2 is too new for this program.  So, okay,
no problem, I go and download lynx2.8.  I ./configure it.  I make it, but
towards the end I get many errors (related to undefined variables).

My question is this, why did this happen and would it be easier to just
get lynx2.7 to work?

Thanks for any illumination on this matter ;D

-Bobby Cox
iteration@worldnet.att.net

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
regard those who think alike than those who think differently.
  Nietzche