Subject: Re: how to transfer files from term connected pc
To: None <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: Peter Corbett <corbett@mtn.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/1998 08:53:35
Hello.

Ken Nakata wrote:
> > Could I let my pc be a sliplogin, but how does win/dos
> > get it into its "kernel"?  (I use Hyperterminal).
>
> Or rather, I'd let the PC be the PPP client and the Mac the server.
> Not having done that myself, I can't give you any detail, though.

I'm assuming that you are using Win95 on the PC, right?

I'd think that you could set up dial-up networking for a serial cable
from the PC to the Mac, and use 'pppd tty00 38400 passive
198.174.0.1:198.174.0.2' (or some ip numbers, as desired). The problem:
Win95 insists on having a phone number to dial, so it doesn't work.
Ideas?

Peter Corbett
corbett@mtn.org