Subject: Re: how to transfer files from term connected pc
To: None <Marc.Coevoet@village.uunet.be>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@echna.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/1998 11:16:10
On Sat, 28 Mar 1998 00:46:55 +0100 (MET),
Marc Coevoet <Marc.Coevoet@village.uunet.be> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I managed to use my PC as terminal.  Now I would like
> to transfer files from my portable pc to my mac/bsd system.
> How can I do that?  X/Y/Z/modem, Kermit, ???  I do not find any
> mans...

They don't come with the system.  As for kermit, you can download the
binary from Mark Andres' web page at http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/.
Probably, you want to run a terminal software capable of kermit
protocol on you PC, connect to your Mac, run kermit on NetBSD/mac68k
as server, and transfer whatever you want.

> Could I let my pc be a sliplogin, but how does win/dos
> get it into its "kernel"?  (I use Hyperterminal).

Or rather, I'd let the PC be the PPP client and the Mac the server.
Not having done that myself, I can't give you any detail, though.

Good luck,

Ken