Subject: esp0:SCSI reset
From: justin grammens <justin@imationstudio.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/27/1998 14:15:28
I hope someone has experienced the same problem or could help me with this
one because I'm stumped.
About once a day or sometimes more frequently (when server load is high) my
NetBSD box locks up temporarily and appears to be stuck on a process. The
console screen shows this:

dmaintr: discarded 32b (last transfer was 1008b)
esp0: !TC [intr 10, stat 83, step 4] prevphase 0, resid 3f0
sd0(esp0:2:0): esp0: timed out [ecb 0x6abaaa09e (flags 0x3, dleft 1f0, stat
0], (state 4, nexus 0x6baa09e, phase(c 3, p 3) resid 0, msg(q 0,o,0)
esp0: SCSI bus reset

What is unfortunate is that when this happens all processes seem to lock up
for about 20 seconds. I can't type or do anything to see what is going on.
Then once it frees up the processor everything runs fine. Anybody got any
help as to what is going on here?
thanks-
justin