Subject: Re: libpcap and AppleTalk packets
To: Monroe Williams <monroe@pobox.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/27/1998 11:20:43
At 4:50 AM -0800 3/27/98, Monroe Williams wrote:
>The current implementation of the packet filtering keyword 'atalk' in
>libpcap just doesn't work.  I've fixed my local copy of libpcap so that
>'tcpdump atalk' actually dumps only AppleTalk packets (and perhaps more
>important to some people, 'tcpdump not atalk' dumps everything _but_
>AppleTalk packets ;).  How would I go about submitting this change?

I could use a "tcpdump atalk", but I'm not sure how to interpret the rest
of this message.

Is libcap a NetBSD/Netatalk thing or a CAP thing?  If the latter would it
still work with Netatalk traffic?  I'm running NetATalk and have some
performance/reliability problems I'd like to trace down.  The standard
NetBSD tcpdump says it doesn't handle EtherTalk packets and the traffic I
want to dump is being routed by my NetBSD box.