Subject: Re: install problems
To: Jym & Sharon Brittain <boleyhs@brightok.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/27/1998 09:54:43
Jym & Sharon Brittain wrote:
> I've followed the directions given in the install and various readers of
> this group in my attempt to set up a multiple partitioned system. I am
> running a 2ci/20 megs RAM. I've installed the base, etc and kernal. I've
> mounted the different partitions using mount command. I've attempted to
> edit rc.conf and get the following error:
>
> ex/vi:error:unknown: no such file or directory

Assuming you've mounted your /usr partition, you need to set your TERM
environment variable by hand.  If you're using /bin/sh:

export TERM=vt100

will work.  If you're using /bin/csh, try:

setenv TERM vt100

If you haven't mounted /usr yet, do a:

mount -r /usr

first so that /usr/share/misc/termcap is available at the time you do
this.  I believe the INSTALL doc mentions the above somewhere.  If it
doesn't, please let me know.

Later.