Subject: Re: Mail from 'Dave Huang' hangs my Mail system.
To: Bruce Anderson <brucea@wavefront.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/26/1998 08:51:08
On 26 Mar 1998, Bruce Anderson wrote:

> > The problem is with "+" ASCII 0x2B ( decimal 43) getting intercepted
> by the
> > modem as AT commands in the IO stream. Without SLIP/PPP escaping "+"
> the
> > modems enter command mode.
> > I tested this by sending mail with a valid AT command in the body of
> the
> > message.
> > (turned my speeker on and off)

I hope this has gotten fixed. From my memory of Hayes modems (admittedly
back when 300 baud was common), the + + + escape is supposed to really be
'(1 second no data transfer) + + + (one second data transfer)'. Mainly so
things like this won't happen.

All that needs to happen is for the delay detection to get added.

Also, I'd hope that this only worked for messages sent from the DTE, not
over the modem link!

Take care,

Bill