Subject: About PPP/CHAP.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bobby Cox <iteration@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/1998 16:59:32
Well, I posted to the list about getting PPP configured and running on
NetBSD 1.3.  I've tried suggestions from several people and every time I
tinker with my settings I get a different error every time.  Sometimes
the modem dials and then just stays open (and trying a network program
like telnet doesn't work).  Other times pppd comments that the serial
line is looping back and quits.

I don't even know if I have everything configured correctly.  My ISP is
AT&T WorldNet and it uses CHAP.  Honestly, I'm lost :)

Thanks for any help.

-Bobby Cox
iteration@worldnet.att.net

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
regard those who think alike than those who think differently.
  Nietzche

Windows is not the answer.  It's the question.  The answer is no.

Windows 95: n.
32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an
8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.