Subject: Re: xntpd doesn't do its thing
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/1998 16:33:20
At 4:19 PM -0800 3/25/98, Jonathan Stone wrote:
>AFAIK, the times are different because one is your local clock
>(hich is bouncing around as ticks get dropped) and the other
>is the time from your peer's clock when it was last polled.

Yes, time of last poll, that would make sense, I think, maybe.

I'm still bothered that things are just fundamentally not working and NTP
gives no clear indication of the fact.  It only hints at why if you already
know there is a problem.

I suppose digging into the web site is good advise.  I'm still stuck that I
need to figure out how to get NTP to do it's job *at*all* before I begin to
try to fix the lost interrupt/drift problem.