Subject: Re: Networking problem...
To: gabe rosenkoetter <gabe@tjs.org>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/1998 15:32:02
On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, gabe rosenkoetter wrote:

> I have a Performa 636 with the LC040 replaced by an 040 which boots just
> fine into NetBSD. Now I'm trying to configure it for networking.
>
> I have a Sonic chip and am using NetBSD 1.3, so I've created ifconfig.sn0
> and so forth as outlined in the NetBSD/Mac Ethernet Networking HowTo at
> http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/networking/ .
>
> When I boot into NetBSD, the machine reads sn0 just fine and happily
> starts networking protocols during the boot process, but I am unable to
> actually use any network-related software.
>
> ping returns:
>
> <date> <machine name> /netbsd: sn0: Tx - lost interrupt

	If this is the same problem as I had with my Q630, I think a
kernel I compiled should do the trick. Take a look at
http://www.teleport.com/~rimsky/kernels.shtml. It is a basically GENERIC
kernel with a patch for the Valkyrie internel video board given to me by
Michael Zucca. Works fine on my Q630, and a few other people have had
success with it as well.

	Does anyone know if this patch has gotten into 1.3.1 or -current?

	Good luck!

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!