Subject: Networking problem...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: gabe rosenkoetter <gabe@tjs.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/1998 15:52:17
I have a Performa 636 with the LC040 replaced by an 040 which boots just
fine into NetBSD. Now I'm trying to configure it for networking.

I have a Sonic chip and am using NetBSD 1.3, so I've created ifconfig.sn0
and so forth as outlined in the NetBSD/Mac Ethernet Networking HowTo at
http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/networking/ .

When I boot into NetBSD, the machine reads sn0 just fine and happily
starts networking protocols during the boot process, but I am unable to
actually use any network-related software.

ping returns:

<date> <machine name> /netbsd: sn0: Tx - lost interrupt

[then, when it finally decides to start sending]

ping: sendto: Host is down

This is clearly not true, as I'm writing from the very machine I was
trying to ping and it is certainly up and on the network.

Do you have any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem? (I
can provide more information about the exact configuration if that would
help.)

Thanks for your time...

gabriel rosenkoetter | rosenkoetter@pobox.com
  gabe@colby.tjs.org | http://galena.tjs.org/~gabe/