Subject: Re: Terminal vt220 unknown
To: None <gboissie@ifhamy.insa-lyon.fr>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/1998 09:49:19
gboissie@ifhamy.insa-lyon.fr wrote:
> > Is your /usr partition mounted at the time?  It sounds like your termcap
> > database is missing or corrupted.  I think that it is normally in
> > /usr/share, tho.
>
> well the bigest problem is that /usr partition IS mounted and i have
> reinstalled the termcap in /usr/share...
>
> strange isnt'it

yep.  pretty much.  i don't think i've heard of this one before.  none of
the terminal types work?  not vt100, vt220, or even something like
console?  (i think that's one of them)....

is this a french keyboard?  not that it should make a difference if you're
actually seeing the word 'vt220' on the screen, but some people have had
keymapping problems (since we don't quite support non-US keyboard layouts
on the console quite yet).

later.