Subject: Re: POP3 Server?
To: Reinhard Spieker <reinhard.spieker@usa.net>
From: kaz-k) <kazk@yyy.or.jp (Kazuyoshi Kato>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/1998 18:00:37
> >Where can I get (or do i already have) a POP3 server so I can use Eudora=
,
> >etc, from other computers to check my mail on my netbsd box?
>=20
> As far as i know the only possibilty is to use the qpopper from Qualcomm
> (Eudora). It=B4s a freeware and "compileable" under NetBSD.
>=20
> It=B4s running fine so far, but even with the NetBSD patches it won=B4t r=
un
> with the APOP authorization (i always a segmentation fault when i want to
> add a user to the database; i send msg about that to this list, but noone
> seems to have a solution ...), but if you don=B4t need that security feat=
ure,
> you can run it with clear text passwords and it works fine with Eudora
> (Light, Pro) client on a Mac.
>=20

  I haven't seen such error ever since I installed and run it,
qpopper-2.2 with bsdi makefile without netbsd patches on my Mac with
mh-6.8.3, popauth works quite well.
  I suppose you don't have group "pop" in /etc/group, as far as I
understand by reading the source, /etc/pop.auth.db is created as
own/group "pop".

  -- kaz-k