Subject: Re: Kernel panic
To: None <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: Eric B. Krauss <ebkrauss@ls.wustl.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/24/1998 18:21:40
> As for /etc/rc.conf, I suspect you are booting in single-user mode in
> which the root filesystem is mounted read-only by default.  Do:
>
> mount -u /
>
> to remount root fs read-write.

I tried that and it changed nothing.  I still get "permission denied" when I
try to edit /etc/rc.conf.

I get denied permission whether I select single user or not from the booter.

Also, if I try to ype "su," I always get "su: not found."

So, all I have is a "#" which I can't do anything from.

I checked the FAQ, but it hasn't help me because I do what it says and I
keep getting the two errors above.  This is becoming very frustrating.

Thanks for your help.

Eric B. Krauss
Attorney at Law
ebkrauss@ls.wustl.edu