Subject: Kernel panic
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric B. Krauss <ebkrauss@ls.wustl.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/24/1998 00:35:30
This is my first post to the list.

I just installed NetBSD 1.3 on my LC475, 540 MB IBM drive, five partitions:
swap 50MB, root 40MB, /usr 200MB, /var 100MB, /home 130MB.  When the
partitions were created, Drive Setup adjusted the partitions so they were a
few megs off.  There are also two zero meg apple_free partitions.

The booter boots the kernel, but the top line of text gets cut off, as well
as some symbols on the bottom, and then  . . .

I keep getting a kernel panic:  "panic:  Res Hndls table too small!"

I can't type anything; all I can do is reboot from the keyboard.

What is the Res Hndls table and what can I do to rectify this?  Do I need to
repartition the drive and start over?  I'd like to avoid that.

Thanks.