Subject: sendmail.cf problem
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/22/1998 22:53:34
	I got myself a domain name from ml.org that works with dynamic IPs
(basically I run a script to inform their name servers of my new IP each
time I connect with PPP), and now I want to get sendmail to accept
Internet e-mail for my new domain.

	Right now, I can send e-mail out just fine. But, when I try
sending mail to myself from another machine on the Internet, I get
messages saying that mail loops back to me, and that there is a local
configuration error.

	My name server running doesn't have an MX entry... I'm not quite
sure how it works just yet. I've read through the sendmail.cf file and the
README in /usr/share/sendmail, but I'm not sure quite how to set it up. Is
there a good place to look, and can someone explain how MX's work? Will I
need to get my ISP to route mail through their mail servers, or is there a
way I can do it without any help from outside?

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!